my first ever gif is a Toruka
caught their moment in OOR Jakarta
Welcome everybody to The 12 army!!
This is for Van and Jenn
sorry for this crappy edit, my editting skills are still limited
I did a little reaserch about numbers and colours, and this is what I found:
- The number 12 has a lot to do with “The begining”, the song, and the band. In numerology, this is the number of creation. To make it easier to understand, we have to devide the number like this : 12 = 1+2 = 3 . It is also related to the number 4
because 3 x 4 = 12.
- Number 1: The begining. This number represents strong will, positivity and pure energy. It also symbolizes a new begining.
- Number 2: Duality and unity.
Hi Elsie!!This number represents kindness, balance, touch, equality and duality. It also symbolizes the need for future plans as in planification.
- Number 3: The creativity. This number represents magic, intuition, fertility and advantage. It also symbolizes the past, the present and the future., and the need to express yourself in a creative way, given past events and future golds.
- Number 4: The balance. This number represents estability and the nature of all things. As we all know, there are 4 seasons, 4 cardinal points, 4 elements,
and 4 band memebers.It also symbolizes solidity, calm, and home. I remember an interview where Taka explained they felt more balanced and stable, after they became 4. He said the band had a home feling to them now.(Alex, we still love you!!)
- Number 12: In mediterranean culture, this number sybolizes the sun, the cósmic órder and perfection. There are thousands of references for this number in western/christian/pagan culture.
- The colours. Yellow and green are the ones that correspond to the number 12. Yellow symbolizes the sun light, happyness, intelligence, and good energy. Green is the colour of nature, harmony and hope. It also symbolizes the feeling of safety.It is also believed that it holds the power for emotional healing.
After this, I think this number, and that specific date (12/12/12), has a “fate/destiny” ring for me.
(Source: baaaka-world, via mrgendaispeaker)
Let’s do our ROCK, SCISSORS & PAPER :))
ONE OK ROCK — MUSIC ON 2011
2013 Japanese album charts of Tower Records. Maximum The Hormone is at # 1 and One Ok Rock on 3rd
Please don’t think you are lost and you’re alone
there is somebody watching you
don’t be afraid to overcome yourself — Taka [ONE OK ROCK] (via halfdemonic)
[News article] One Ok Rock *ramps up vocals, fans celebrate birthday -
Source: Liberty Times (Taiwan) / 8 Dec 2013
Japanese rock band One Ok Rock (OOR) had their concert in Taiwan for the 3rd time yesterday. In end June when ticketing started, 6000 tickets were sold out immediately. Yesterday was coincidentally the birthday of band leader and guitarist Toru….
Thank you for Translation :D
OOR in local magazine >_<
Japan band’s dream for going international
Who said “goes international” is only our local band’s dream? Even ONE OK ROCK is still feel the need to fight for it!
“Don’t treat them like a band from Japan. Treat them like you interview international bands,” said one of promoter’s crew which brought ONE OK ROCK (OOR) to Indonesia, a day before “Who Are You?? Who Are We??” tour.
Huh? Isn’t Japan a part from “international”? (translator’s note: from Indonesian point of view)
The point is, said the crew, the managements don’t want their band got labelled with Japanese Rock title. Following the steps of Ellegarden, they want to slowly stepping out of that image. Yes, like their own tradition, “letting go of their Japan feel” is a consequence they have to pay, when this quartet (and other Japanese bands) want to aim and fight in bigger niche: global music market.
The thing the management did is only strengthening ONE OK ROCK’s strategy. Musically, they are already well-known for quite long time as a Japanese band with “western” music taste. Their two last albums, Zankyo Reference (2011) and JinseixBoku= (Jinsei Kakete Boku Wa) which was released last March became the proof. If OOR didn’t use Japanese words in their songs, we will never thougt that this band is born in the land of cherry blossom.
Through Jinsei Kakete Boku Wa, ONE OK ROCK’s name is skyrocketed. Since this quartet released their sixth album, the “bang” of go international became louder. Only in two weeks, more than 200.000 copies were sold. The Beginning single became the official soundtrack for Rurouni Kenshin (2012), a movie adaptation from famous Japanese manga. The success is topped with Europe and Asian tour this year, including Indonesia, last Sunday (24/11).
“Their music is like other modern rock, the English lyric also got much portion. Even though I’m not a Japanese rock fanatic, I can still sing along to their songs,” said Dwi, one of the audience of “Who Are You?? Who Are We??” Tour 2013.
Yes, looks like OOR’s struggle is starting to bear fruits. That day, more than 3.000 audience in Senayan Swimming Pool Parking Lot are not only from Japanese Rock enthusiast, but also from other modern rock music fan. At least this can be a sign, that OOR’s music can attract the attention from those who are not familiar with this quite specific genre.
-to be continued-
this is one of my favourite photo of them during their concert in malaysia. because it has tomoya! and yes, TORU WAS SMILING although it seems hard to see it.
SPECIAL VIDEO CLIP FOR Toru's 25th B'DAY -
Another Video for Toru’s Bday by Thai Fans. This one is so hilarious and incredible. Thanks to the owner who made this and dedicated all of her love to Toru!!!
You guys can visit her page here
2013.12.07/Final tour in Taiwan
This is the three times that l go to see OOR’s concert in Taiwan. The concert in 新莊 is more bigger than before and it also special to fans because 12/7 was Toru’s birthday! Even if the fence fell over again and many people were injured(l really hope that we can change the organizer…..) ,l still thought the live was fucking excellent! It was really touching when all fans held the red banner and sang “Happy birthday ” to Toru in Chinese and English…..can’t forget it !
Hope to see you guys again soon! OORer! :)